Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

HI

HI
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. what is the issue with this and do you have a model number ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

IM A TECH AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS. WHIRLPOOL WASHER MODEL WFW94HEXW AND IT HAS A CODE F01 and E02.

and please tell me where next time i could find all faulty codes

Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.
okay give me a minute to bring it up and a link for you. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

waiting.

Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.
okay the first thing you should do is remove the top of the machine. once that's off theres a tech sheet inside usually in a plastic bag taped to the side can you see if that there and no one took it ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I'm not there now, but the customer wants i should come out with the part so i have to know what these codes are so i could bring with me the necessary parts

Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.
okay I'm downloading the entire tech sheet for you, give me a minute to finish. thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

why are you sending me the tech sheet? i asked you a very simple question, what is code F02 & E02?

Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.
did you not ask for the codes and where to find them ? I'm sorry I'm going to opt out, You gave me two different fault codes and asked for where you could find them. I'll let someone else get that info for you. best wishes, thanks . Bryan
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

this was the original code i gave you!!! are we on the same page??

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Hi do you still need help with this?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

yes please help me

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Ok the meaning of the error code and the corrective actions are listed below.
F01-E02 - MCU Error

Motor Control Unit (MCU) has an internal malfunction, repeating under or over voltage, or over current conditions. Can also be caused by momentary loss of neutral feed to MCU during the spin cycle. If the error occurs during a high-speed spin, the door will remain locked for 3 minutes.

Basically your motor control has failed.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

so by replacing the MCU will that solve the problem? and is this board at the bottom next to the motor?

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
Yes it should do, yes it is the board next to the motor. I would first try unplugging all the wires from the MCU then plugging them back in, If this does not clear the error order the MCU

Let me know if you want a link where you can buy the part from a supplier that gives a 365 day warranty even after the part has been installed.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

you are the best! Thank you and have a great week-end.

Expert:  Mike replied 9 months ago.
You too :)

Thanks!

Mike.