Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hello, We have a LG Dryer, MDL #DLE5955G. The dryer has started

Hello, We have a LG Dryer, MDL #DLE5955G. The dryer has started to shut down during the drying cycle and the Check Filter indicator comes on. When we check the filter, it is either clean or has a very light bit of lint on it. I've tried vacuuming the filter holder, but the problem is continuing. Thanks! Bill
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If your check filter lights comes on, then you'll need to check the filter to start of course. It sounds like you've already tried that so the next step is disconnecting the vent hose from the back of the dryer and running a cycle. If the vent gets partially clogged through the house it'll cause this error to appear. If the error doesn't re-appear with the vent disconnected, then your vent through your house would need to be cleaned and depending on how long the vent is, you may need to call someone to have it cleaned out for you.

Now if the error re-occurs even with the vent disconnected, first replace the temperature thermistor because this is the part the tells the control board if the filter is clogged or not. If that doesn't work, you'd need a new control board I'm afraid to say.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!