Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

Microwave/convection oven, the temperature when using convection

Microwave/convection oven, the temperature when using convection doesn't reach the chosen temperature setting. For instance, if I set the oven for 400 degrees, it will only heat to 350 degrees. There is always a 50 degree difference. I want to know how to fix this problem. The tech told me that these ovens always cook at 50 degrees lower than the temperature setting shows. Is that true? If not, what is the problem? I have the extended warranty, and if there's a problem I want to get it fixed. Thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

That is absolutely not true, The oven should read plus or minus a few degrees not 50. The problem here is the oven temp sensor, The control board reads the resistance in the sensor not the temp so it's very easy for them to go out of calibration. The tech will need to test the oven sensor with a ohm meter, If this does not read around 1080 ohms at room temp. If it is not on or close to this mark then it will need to be replaced.

If the sensor reads correct then the control board is out of calibration and may need to be replaced.

I would request a new tech with the warranty company, obviously this guy you had is not appearance.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not sure if my second note to you went thru. Please lmk. Thank you.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I did not see a second note.

Thanks for the positive rating, it was my pleasure helping you today.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wondering if I can contact you sometime between March & May about this situation. I'm in Texas and won't be back in New Mexico, where the oven is until then. You've already helped me tremendously with your response. The oven will still be under extended warranty when I get back out there, and may need to ask you a follow up question. Would that be possible? Also, the oven doesn't heat evenly. One side of the food doesn't cook well, the other side gets too well done. What do you think? I really appreciate how quickly, honestly and professionally you answered. I'm going to call the repairman tomorrow and read your note to him. I do have a question, though. I didn't understand what you meant when you said "obviously this guy is not appearance".
Thank you very much, you absolutely deserve an EXCELLENT rating.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Absolutely you can come back here at any time, The uneven cook is likely to be the sensor also.

This guy is not experienced, I think you need to call someone else.

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, that is what I'm planning to do. Appreciate your help, Mike. Take care.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Have a great weekend!
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,