Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

For ZACK T. Can you review the steps to uninstall a dishwasher

For ZACK T.

Can you review the steps to uninstall a dishwasher for replacing heater element and thermostat? I'm guessing:
Cut water
disconnect plumbing with bucket underneath
disconnect power (hard wired so not sure about this one)
unscrew side and top mounting screws
ease out unit
tip forward to replace, or should I pull it all the way out?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service. Zack is not working in the appliance category today.

Yes that is all correct, On most models the wiring is right behind the panel at the bottom on the left or right. You will see the wiring going to a small metal box. Remove the cover, usually one screw. Undo the wire nuts and then you can take the wire loose or out of that box.

Pull the dishwasher all the way out and if you have an old blanket or a large towel you can roll it on its back to do the work, that will make it much easier.

If you have questions about my answer please click the "Reply To Link" I will be happy to explain anything that is not clear.

Please do not forget to leave a rating. If you have a problem leaving a rating please let me know.

Thanks,
Barry