Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosch dishwasher-stopped in the middle of washing cycle. Water

Customer Question

Bosch dishwasher-stopped in the middle of washing cycle. Water not draining. Emptied the water, checked the empeller -not stuck. Cleaned all the soap scum from the washer. Pressed the on button -nothing. Checked if the machine was getting current -it is. Drain hose to the sink drain does't seem clogged -but can't see behind the machine.

What should I do now to fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The drain is not going to be your problem. There was water left inside the dishwasher because the power cut out to the dishwasher in the middle of the cycle. The issue is that your dishwasher isn't getting power for some reason. First, there are no reset buttons or anything that you can just push to get the dishwasher working again. If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it.  Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing.  Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out.  If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them.  If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! This sounds about right. I'm nervous, but I'm going to try your advice. If I end up with dishwasher parts in the living room, I may need you again!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

One more quick question...should the impeller (sp?) freely spin???

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That's the drain impeller if it's the smaller one. It will have some tension on it (sort of like a rubber bang springy type tension) and once you turn it far enough it will speed up. The magnets on the motor give it this effect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It seems that all the onfo leans toward a new control board. I'm going to buy one and hope the install doesn't humble me.

Thanks,

XXXXX

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Alright well I hope you don't have too much trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Looked ar the impeller again and I can turn it but it really likes to snap back after a few turns-but a few more and it stays turned. I promise this is the last question of this case for me.

Thanks again,

Bob

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It should be the same no matter how many times you turn it, but if it doesn't seam right, then you'll want to replace the pump because you can't replace the impeller separately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Took the plate off and the wires are all fine-Going to get the part # of the control board and see the cost, thanks -will keep you abreast of the hunt.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
alright,good luck.