Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Tyler, I have read your responses to dishwasher issues. I also

Tyler, I have read your responses to dishwasher issues. I also have a Whirlpool GU2475XTVQ0. The "Rinsing" light is on on power-up and the drain pump runs for about a 30 sec. I had some control over the Diagnostic/Reset mode with no positive effect.

I have installed a Reconditioned board which went through a lengthy re-calibration mode and it is doing the same. I replaced the turbidity sensor with no results as well. I just Ohm'ed my heater element to 11.8 ohms to rule that our as well.

I am stumped. Any thoughts?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Hmm, so there are really only 2 thing that can cause this problem and that's the touch control panel and the control board. The problem is that there is really no way to test either part, it's just based on symptoms. A flashing rinsing light would definitely mean you have a bad touchpad, but if it's just showing up when you turn the dishwasher on, it sounds more like a control board. But it's really unlikely to have 2 control board that would cause the exact same effect so I don't think the control board is going to cause this issue. Do make sure that the power wires connection to the dishwasher behind the kick panel below the door are not reversed and that power is black and neutral is white. If the power is reversed, that will definitely cause a control board to act up. But other than that, I would probably order the touch control panel from because they allow you to return parts. That's a good option to have when you have a possibility of two expensive parts and no way to test which part is definitely at fault.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have confirmed the polarity of the wiring. Is there a way to put the control board into "re-calibration" mode? The replacement control board came with a sheet informing the unit owner that the dishwasher would be in a long-cycle for re-calibration.

There is not and there is no "re-calibration mode" The board will learn over time how long it takes to run a cycle so the estimated time will become more accurate, but it's based on detecting how long it takes to heat your water and how cloudy the water is and such. It will automatically adjust if parameters change, but the only thing that would change is the estimated time in the beginning as the unit realizes it's taking longer or shorter to complete the cycle on average than the original preset time.