Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

WTW5500XW0 no spin. Drive belt seems OK. Makes strange noise

WTW5500XW0 no spin. Drive belt seems OK. Makes strange noise in spin cycle
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

So to clarify the machine does not spin but it make a strange noise? can you tell me what the noise sounds like?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well, not a spin noise. My wife says it's a grinding noise. I can move the drum by hand.

Does the water drain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Ok can you give me a moment to look up the model number.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK

Ok Steve sounds like the problem is going to be with a broken or damaged actuator. This is what switches the machine from agitate to spin. This will need to be replaced.

Below I have included a link where you can purchase the part. Book mark this page because if you scroll down the page there is a video that will show you how to do the repair.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I replaced the actuator a year ago -- the machine wouldn't cycle at all at that time.

This time the machine goes through the sense/wash/rinse/spin/done cycles but the clothes are wet at the end.

I will order another agitator, but it seems strange to have the same part fail so quickly.

It's made of plastic, I have the same machine, have had to replace it 3 times although this also could be your transmission based on the clothes coming out wet.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike,

I got the actuator and installed it. It didn't solve the problem -- there is not spin.

The drain and spin setting will drain the tub but there is no spin and the clothes are wet when done.

Ok I am online now, let me know when you are on, we will diagnose this some more.