Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Type your question here.i have a side by side refrigerator

Type your question here. i have a side by side refrigerator and it has noise coming from the ice maker section in the back,model # XXXXX XXXXX

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Can you please double check that model number? What brand is it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry for the mistake the correct model # XXXXX XXXXX 51312.012

Behind the ice maker is the evaporator fan, shown as number 405A in the diagram. Is that where the noise is coming from?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes on both sides freezer and frig side

I suspect that fan has worn bearings and will need to be replaced. The sound can travel to the fresh food side because of the close proximity and the path for the air to move. There is only one fan, so I suspect that is the case. The correct fan for your model is pictured and available below. It is accessed by removing the rear wall, inside the freezer.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Evaporator Fan Motor <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!