Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

maytag neptune MHS2000AWW; washer runs for awhile then stops,

maytag neptune MHS2000AWW; washer runs for awhile then stops, if you push the start button it starts up again and continues the cycle (10 to 15 minutes) then shut off again. By restarting you can finally get through a full cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you'll want to watch the cycle closely. There are really only2 reasons why this washer would stop running in the middle of the cycle and allow you to press the start button to pick up where it left off. Either you machine control board is going bad, or the washer isn't filling up fast enough. This washer is designed to shut off after 5 minutes of filling if it hasn't reached the correct water level in case the sensor isn't reading the water level correctly so that your whole house doesn't flood. Starting the washer again from where it left off will allow the washer to continue filling for another (up to) 5 minutes to reach the correct water level. It sounds to me like every time the washer is trying to fill up, it's taking too long so it shuts off. Now this could be low water pressure from the house, or possibly your valve screens are clogging. Turn the water off and disconnect the fill hoses from the back of the washer. Look at the screens on the back of the washer receptacles and if they are clogged, flush them out with a spray bottle. If they look good and the water pressure is good, then you need to replace the valve because it's just not filling up properly.

Now if the washer is shutting off randomly and it's not while the washer is trying to fill, then you'd need to replace the main machine control board.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Each time the washer stops you're able to open the door. Is the water at such a level when full that you shouldn't be able to do that. Thus indicating that it isn't completely filling. Also how many times during a full cycle does the washer drain and refill?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That's completely normal. The washer doesn't lock through the entire cycle. The water level never goes above the bottom of the door so it's not really a concern as far as flooding. The washer fills 2-4 times each cycle depending on the setting selected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. When you do open the door after it has stop, there appears to be enough water. In fact, expect for the periodic stopping it seem to work fine. It's probably the main control board. Is the control board available for the model?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
The part number for the board should be 22004325 and it's mounted below the top panel of the dryer of all places. Either way, I'd still watch the cycle and see if it stops while filling because just looking at the water level is not going to be adequate to know if the issue is a fill issue or the control board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You absolutely right. I'll watch the cycle to be sure. I appreciate the information and advice!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
No problem and I wish you only the best. Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.