Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Frigidaire side by side refrigerator. The freezer

I have a Frigidaire side by side refrigerator. The freezer is working properly but the fridge side is way too cold. The digital display shows 0 for the freezer which is correct but shows 67 degrees for the fridge. But everything in my fridge is freezing. Help?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the display is showing 67 degrees and it's way too cold, this means that your refrigerator thinks that the temp sensor inside the refrigerator isn't reading the correct temperature. It thinks that it's too warm inside the refrigerator but in fact it's not. Either way, it will keep trying to cool to get the temperature down to what it believe the correct temperature should be. You've replaced the temperature sensor inside the refrigerator which means the sensor isn't the problem, but unfortunately that means that your main control board itself is not reading the sensor properly so the board would need to be replaced. This control board is mounted below the refrigerator behind the vent panel inside a plastic box. You'll need to remove the vent panel below the refrigerator and freezer door and the part number for the board is(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Tyler! I'll try that next and let you know how it goes.

No problem and good luck to you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tyler...I just wanted to say thanks. The part arrived on Saturday and I installed it right away. It resolved the issue. I have my refrigerator back!!

Awesome, I'm glad it's all back up and running again!