Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Also have a Side by side Whirlpool that the vent in the fridge

Also have a Side by side Whirlpool that the vent in the fridge always freezes up and the freezer side has a lot of humidity freezing up.. S
Defrosted several times and continues to happen model ED5PHAXS001
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you tell me exactly what is freezing up in the freezer? Is there frost everywhere? Or the frost just on the lower back panel? etc...
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did defrost the coiled area at the back of the freezer at the bottom, it was sold ice, also defrosted the vent in the fridge..center ,left side
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
OK so it sounds like the unit is just not defrosting on it's own. You'll need to remove the lower back panel inside the freezer to expose the frost again. There is a cal rod heater that runs along the bottom of the silver coils. Test continuity through the heater if you have a multimeter, and if the heater doesn't have continuity, replace the heater. Also check the defrost thermostat for continuity. The defrost thermostat is a 1" round device clipped onto the top of the silver coils with 2 wires going to it. If it doesn't have continuity, replace it.

Now the most likely culprit is going to be the automatic defrost control board. This is a 3" x 5" control board mounted in the upper front right corner of the control panel of the refrigerator section. You can't test this part, but if the other 2 parts test good, you need to replace the ADC. If you don't have a multimeter to test the other two parts, I'd order and replace the ADC as it's by far the most likely part that fails on this unit.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX have a part number for the defrost thermostat
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.
Sure, the part number is XXXXX

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.