Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Hello, I own a Maytag MOD MDB7749AWQ1 SER F11703175 dishwasher

I own a Maytag MOD MDB7749AWQ1 SER F11703175 dishwasher and it will not power on. I've checked the power going to the dishwasher under the unit and there is power. Looking on line a few months ago I found a reset code and after trying it I got one of the lights on the display to light (don't remember with one), but it would not power on and run a cycle. What I found on line is that the power ribbon is known to rust over time and this would cause the problem I am having. The dishwasher is only a few years old and I thought it would last much longer. Can you please offer any suggestions. I'm ready to go and buy a new washer but I thought I would look on the web and give it one last shot to trouble shoot my problem.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will likely need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey Kelly, the hairdryer didn't work. I remember looking on line a few months ago I found a reset code and I got one of the lights on the display to light don't remember with one. That's why I didn't think it was the control panel.

If you press the cancel button, does it do anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No... nothing.

Are you certain there is power to the control? There is a fuse that is common to open, shown as number 6 below. Can you check that for continuity?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can check the fuse for continuity... I will get back to you when I'm done.

You bet, thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kelly, I found the fuse, removed it and it test good.

Thank you. I believe your control panel is indeed faulty. The correct one for your model is pictured and available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I checked their website and they are out of stock. Can you recommend another site?

The site below is a bit less expensive, perhaps they will have it.