Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Model JVM1653BD 001 handle bottom broke off. I ordered a new

Model JVM1653BD 001 handle bottom broke off. I ordered a new one and it arrived today. I removed the inner plastic cover and exposed the top and bottom screw which I have removed. I thought the handle would just fall out but no such luck. I do not see any more screws exposed and the online parts personnel say give it a good tug. I did with the handle not coming out. Is there something I am missing?

Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. please stand by while I pull up your model.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Bryan. This is probably a simple fix but I am missing something

okay I found the video on that , please click the blue link. the inner metal trim piece needs to come off also to get to the other screw, Video that video makes it easy, hope this helps, thanks and Please remember to rate my service 3 or above before you sign off, If you need more info, please ask me - I'll be happy to reply. You can always ask follow-up questions until you have the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you! Bryan