Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool dishwasher model number DU810SWPU3 and the

I have a whirlpool dishwasher model number DU810SWPU3 and the door will not latch. I bought a new latch and installed it and it still doesn't latch. By the way the old one was not even broken but I couldn't return the part so I kept the new one in. Any suggestions?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So what happens when you try to shut the door exactly? Do you feel it latch and then you let go and it pops back open? Will the door not shut all the way? etc...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It doesn't feel like it is catching at all.

OK but you can shut the door all the way?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I shut the door and I don't feel it latch, when I let go it comes open a bit

OK open the door and look at the metal striker above the tub which goes into the latch. It sounds like this striker may have bent up a little bit and isn't going into the latch properly. This tends to happen over time. If you open the door and locate the metal striker at the tub, bend it down so that it just barely slides over top of the inner door liner when you shut the door. That should get the door to latch shut if your door latch is working properly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am at my moms house so I will have to run home to check. It may be about 10 minutes

OK good luck to you.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!