Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My 7 y-o Beaumark washer (front loader) doesnt start anymore.

My 7 y-o Beaumark washer (front loader) doesn't start anymore. I press the "Start" button, I hear the click in the door as I used to, and then it seems to be "trying to start" but doesn't get there. Usually after 7-8 seconds the water would start to flow in, now nothing...
For some time during the last months, on an irregular basis, the end-of-cycle signal has been going on and off during cycles, without affecting the cycle though.
There is a dryer standing on top. Could it be an electronic malfunction because of that? Is it fixable?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Yes this is likely to be the control board has malfunctioned, The control board it'self is not fixable but the control is replacesable, You would need to take the model number to a local appliance parts supplier to order the new main control board.

If you don't feel comfortable doing this repair yourself I would call a appliance repair company to do the repair.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.