Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE PROFILE ELECTRIC DRYER: Model # XXXXX Serial# XXXXX My problem is that the selection dial just spins & I can't set for any cycles, can I replace the dial or is the problem more involved? Please advise.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the first thing you want to do is pull the knob off to make sure the knob isn't isn't stripped out. If the knob isn't the problem and the shaft of the timer isn't turning properly, you'll need to order and replace the entire timer control inside the control panel. The part is about $80 and below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace to fix the issue.

CLICK HERE for timer assembly

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!