Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My 2011 Maytag washer washes the clothes ,but does not spin

My 2011 Maytag washer washes the clothes ,but does not spin dry them out.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the washer still drain the water out even though it doesn't spin?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

usually ,yes

OK well there are really only two reason why the unit will not spin. Either the washer isn't draining the water out of it's not shifting the gears properly. If the washer still drains and it will agitate but just won't spin, it sounds like your actuator is not shifting the gear case to go into the spin cycle. Unfortunately the actuator would need to be ordered and replaced if it. To access this part, you need to unplug the washer, tip the washer backwards, and remove the 2 screws going into the plastic cover near the back left corner. That will allow you to access the motor and the actuator to the right of the motor. Remove the screws going into the actuator and replace the actuator. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace and there is a video that shows you how to replace the part in the link as well.

CLICK HERE

And if you think it may not be draining, then remove the drain pump and check for debris in the pump that would slow down the unit from draining properly because that will also stop the unit from spinning.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!