Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Frigidaire Dryer model AEQB6000ES1. It just started

I have a Frigidaire Dryer model AEQB6000ES1. It just started flashing "dr" when you try to use it in any mode except "Low". "Low" seems to work just fine. The door switch is working to turn the interior light on and off. What is most likely the problem?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is a very odd solution but let me explain what is happening. Frigidaire decided to wire the dryer in a way that if the high limit thermostat fails it shuts the dryer off. The easiest way to make sure the dryer shuts off is to cut power to the door switch during a heating cycle because then the dryer thinks you opened the door. It only does this if you use the higher heated dry settings. In reality, the problem is that your high limit thermostat which is mounted to the side of your heating element has failed. The dryer would need to be taken apart and then if you had a multimeter you could unplug the wires going to the thermostats on the side of your heating element. If one of the thermostat is open then it needs to be replaced If they all tested good, then your control board would need to be replaced unfortunately because it's just not reading the thermostats properly.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!