Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

On my Maytag Silverware Blast dish washer, model MDB6709AWW1,

On my Maytag Silverware Blast dish washer, model MDB6709AWW1, three buttons do not work on the touchpad: light, normal and auto clean plus cycles. They do not light up or work. All other buttons work fine. What do I need? Perhaps a replacement Outer touchpad W10254837? I hope I don't need the electrical control unit W102298356.

All else works fine. But I have cannot use light or normal wash cycles.

Thank you.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Cut the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while "massaging" the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

If you have questions about my answer please click the "Reply To Link" I will be happy to explain anything that is not clear.

If we are done please leave a rating. If you have a problem leaving a rating please let me know.