Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

MAYTAG MAH5500BWW GETTING HOT WATER ON COLD WATER SETTING AND

MAYTAG MAH5500BWW GETTING HOT WATER ON COLD WATER SETTING AND GETTING COLD WATER ON HOT WATER SETTING. NEW WATER VALVE INSTALLED--NO HELP. CHECKED ALL WATER INLET CONNECTIONS-VERIFIED PROPERLY CONNECTED. CAN YOU HELP
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Have you checked that the water hoses are not reversed? If you reverse them, even if they appear correct, does the correct temp fill?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DID REVERSE HOSES SAME THING NO HELP

Thank you! May I please have your serial number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model and serial specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MAYTAG NEPTUNE

MODEL: MAH5500BWW

SER. # XXXXX

Is this the valve you replaced? If so, are the wires on the black part attached securely and in good shape?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES TO BOTH QUESTIONS

Great, thank you! That black part is what tells the control what water temperature is needed. It is called a thermistor. It will open and close both valves, even when on a cold setting, to keep the water at an acceptable temperature. Even on a cold setting, the hot valve will open so the water is around 70* F. If you allow it to fill, can you feel the hot and cold valves opening and closing and feel the water temp as around 70* as an average?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

to get to the water valve you must lift the top of the unit. you must remove the front door. when door is not closed or is ajar the unit will not turn on and therefore cannot feel the valve working.

Just feel in the dispenser while it fills to see if the temperature changes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I did and
the hot water is coming out through out the fill cycle in cold water setting and cold water coming out through out in hot water setting

If you let it fill completely and start the wash cycle, do you feel the water temp change at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

went through a full cylcle seems to be ok. thanks for your help

Great!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!