Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Whirlpool Duet washer less than an year old. When

We have a Whirlpool Duet washer less than an year old. When you select the towel setting, heavy duty, allergen, or sanitize settings, the dial switches to other settings and will not let you use that setting.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the settings won't react properly, something is going on with the interface control board. Try to unplug the washer for 60 seconds and see if the electronics will reset. If not, then the interface control board would need to be replaced and it's less than a year old so call warranty and they will replace the part at no cost.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Washer is currently finishing a cycle, so I will try this when it is done. Thanks.

Alright, good luck. Either way, you can definitely determine whether it's an easy reset or the interface board would need to be replaced.