Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

kitchenAid range model kesc307hbs8 oven does not heat on any

kitchenAid range model kesc307hbs8 oven does not heat on any of the settings. The bake setting goes to "lo" on regular or convection. I have replaced the power board. The relay is operating.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Did you recently self clean the oven?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it has been awhile, maybe a year.

Okay, have you verified the correct voltage to the oven, 240 VAC between the red and black wires where the power comes in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

that is correct.

Okay, on the red wire from the terminal block where the cord connects, there is a spot that is large and wrapped in a black shrink wrap. There is a 20 amp fuse in that shrink wrap. Can you test it for continuity?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i should have mentioned i had checked that when i told you about the 240 volt comfirmation, it check ok.

Okay, so if you disconnect the red wire from that red wire with the fuse in it at bake element and tape it off and start the oven to bake, what voltage do you read from the bake element terminals to ground?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did not check the bake element. could not find how to get to the terminals.

You can do the same test on the broil element.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did that test. the inner element had 120 v. and the outer element had 0 v.

Okay, now hook that wire back up and test between the two connectors of the inner element for 240 VAC. Do you read 240 or 0 VAC?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

0 vac.

Great! So the power from the red wire is not present. Are you sure you tested that fuse that is wrapped in shrink wrap? You would have to test between the red wire connection at the cord terminal and the red wire at one of the elements, with the wire removed from the element, testing for continuity.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will recheck the fuse. i'm not at the range now. how do i contact you later?

You may simply save the URL to your favorites or follow a link back that has been sent to your email.
I am here, what did you find with that fuse?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i assume you agree that the relay is bad?

Correct, that relay is available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Relay <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!