Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Experienced an apparent power surge during a thunderstorm.

Experienced an apparent power surge during a thunderstorm. Microwave oven, not in use at the time, was the only appliance affected. Unplugged/replugged power cord but oven would not come back. Is there an internal fuse that could have been affected?
Thanks
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hotpoint R VM1 20G 001

Thank you! There is a small fuse that has likely opened. You will need to remove the oven from the wall and take the outer wrapper off to access it. It is shown as number 1626 in the picture below. Be sure not to touch anything other than the fuse during repair and make sure the oven is unplugged! The fuse you need is available below.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Fuse <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!