Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I am currently looking at a GE pp975bmbb cooktop. It requires

I am currently looking at a GE pp975bmbb cooktop. It requires a cut out of 33.875 by 19.33. The cut out in my granite is 34.75 by 20.75. The dimensions of the cookto are 36 by 20.875. The problem is I don't know if the is the center or end dimenision of the front to back, and the front is bowed. In the spec it mentions that you need and extra .375 if you have a raised bullnose. My question is a: will the entire opening be covered? b: will the cookto support its own weight with an extra .5" all around (approx.)? c: doest ther have to be spacers to prevent movement?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

a) Yes, the entire cut out will be covered.

b) There does not not need to be a spacer to hold the cooktop in place. There are brackets under the cooktop that screw up to the bottom countertop to hold the cooktop in place. But the real problem is going to be your depth. If your cut out is 20.75" and the cooktop is only 20.875" that gives you almost zero overhang from the cooktop and that really will not work.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

oops. I gave you a wrong dimension. The depth of the cutout is 20.125

OK perfect, than the cooktop will work just fine for your cut out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks to your input, and me not wanting to reinvent the world, we are having the GE975bmbb delivered and installed on tuesday. They said he would be in and out in an hour.

not a problem. Good luck to you and thanks for the update!