Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have an Amana convection oven, Model # XXXXX MFG# XXXXX when

I have an Amana convection oven, Model # XXXXX MFG# XXXXX
when I turn on the oven, it goes to pre heat then shuts off after a few seconds.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately this is a fairly common way for these Amana ovens to fail. What happens is that the logic inside the display board will get corrupted and after it starts running, it will shut off almost immediately and revert back to showing just the time of day. The display board itself is the part going bad and usually just needs to be replaced, but the part number you need is 31746801 and the part is no longer made. You would need to remove the display board and send it to a place like to have the board refurbished.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your help
will this be a costly repair ?

It's not cheap unfortunately but refurbishing the board is about $150-200 or so normally.