Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

ge cook top giveing an erroe message of 156 help

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

kelly i do not have a model number at htis time f-156 error code if you canot work with that its ok i will have to get more infro

Give me just a few minutes to look at a couple of examples. Is it an induction cooktop or just a standard glass top style?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

glasstop

The error code 156 indicates an error with the RF burner, simply that it is not heating. If the burner tests good, it is likely an issue with the power board. If you can get me the model number, I can get you very specific information, including part information.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!