Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Thermador model C272. What size holes are required for ventilation.

Thermador model C272. What size holes are required for ventilation. This model has a fan on top of the oven, but no holes are in the sheet metal covering the fan. Also, are holes required in the wood cabinet to let the heat out?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this particular oven needs no ventalation at all. I'm assuming your previous oven was an older Thermador oven if it has a 6" hole in the ceiling of the cabinet because this was really the only oven that I know of that used an exterior vent. Either way, the model C272 doesn't use an exterior vent. The air is sucked in through the bottom of the doors and across the top of the oven cavity and down the back, then out the bottom of the oven back into the kitchen now. They design it in this fashion so that a separate vent is not required and the front glass on the door can stay cool now.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!