Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Asko WL6511 XXLW front load washer wont drain properly.

My Asko WL6511 XXLW front load washer won't drain properly. The door is locked. I have drained the water using the hose in the front/bottom, and cleaned the drain filter (did not have much debris). I ran the washer again and the same thing happened. Any suggestions for next steps?
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Hello, To clarify some of the water is draining?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's hard to know for sure. The wash cycle stopped after about 10 minutes and it sounded and looked like it was trying to drain. I could see some water and some suds. After awhile, the sound that seemed like it indicated it was trying to drain stopped, and the washer began to show an error display: "OE"

I then (actually did this twice) used the manual to figure out that the drain filter might be clogged. So I drained all of the water using the small black hose on the front and then the door unlocked. The clothes were still very wet but at least the door opened. I then pulled out the drain filter on the front and made sure it was clean. Looked pretty good. I then ran a short cycle again and the same thing happened.

Ok Lisa but you are hearing the pump running when the machine is supposed to be draining?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I believe that is what I'm hearing. It is not quiet when it is supposed to be draining.

Ok In this case the problem here is the pump Lisa, it likely has a bad impeller, This is the part that is inside that pushes out the water, To get to the pump to replace it you would need to take the small panel out at the bottom, there should be a couple of screws along the lower lip.

Once you have the panel off you would need to disconnect the drain pipes and then slide the pump out, Install the new one in reverse order.

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I recommend you buy the pump from the link above since they give a full year warranty on the part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.