The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a Kenmore elite range and hood. Neither the fan or

I have a Kenmore elite range and hood. Neither the fan or the lights on the hood are working. I tried a circut breaker as well as some of the switch breakers, but neither caused either the lights or fan to come on. Because both the lights and fan went out at the same time, it felt like a power issue vs. lights or fan burning out. Is there a part in hood that would cause a loss of power to the entire hood? I am not sure what model the hood is. The hood is a Kenmore elite 36" and about 11 years old.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

Without an actual model number I can not bring up any technical information on the hood.

Safety first! Turn off the breaker that feeds the range and hood. Double check any wires for voltage before you touch them.

Remove the filters and if you can locate the junction box. It will have a door/cover on it that is held in place by a/some screw(s). Check that the wires are well connected. If they are okay then the problem will be in the controls themselves.

If there is a cabinet over the hood look up in there for the wires going to the hood. That will point you to the junction box.

Again without a model number I am sorry, but I can not pull up and parts or specs.

The model number may be behind the filters. Let me know if you need anything else. Regards, Smitty