Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Whirlpool washer is less than 2 years old. Whirlpool washer

Whirlpool washer is less than 2 years old. Whirlpool washer model WFW94HEXW1 displays error codes E02 and F08 about 3 minutes into any wash cycle. Had this problem fixed by a Whirlpool technician about 3 months ago who replaced an actuator. Problem is present again in Nov 2013.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this error code means that your dispenser motor isn't turning or the switch on the actuator motor isn't reading that the motor is turning even though it is. You'll need to pull the washer forward and unplug it. From there you can pull the top panel straight back, up, and off. Now on the top of the dispenser is a plastic linkage connect the motor and the dispenser diverter. Sometimes this part gets jammed so start the washer and see if you can help move it around if it gets stuck. If that doesn't work, or it continues to jam up, you'll need to order and replace the actuator motor for the dispenser. Below is a link to the dispenser actuator motor if you need it.

CLICK HERE for dispenser actuator motor

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Linkage hardly moves at all. So I get to shell out another $300 to a technical to replace an actuator that lasted less than 3 months. I can't be only one experiencing this problem on this washer. This bites!

You're definitely not the only one experiencing the problem I've definitely replaced quite a few myself. If it's less than 3 months old, there is likely a 90 day warranty on the part and service so I'd call the appliance company and see if there is something they will work with you on. If not, you can definitely replace the part yourself if you're handy. It doesn't require any specialty tools.