Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Freezer cold but not freezing. Ive changed relay and overload

Freezer cold but not freezing. I've changed relay and overload switches attached to compressor. Not real sure if it's turning on but the top of it (compressor) is hot. All fans are working and it did freeze some liquid over the course of three days, but not cold enough to kick on the ice maker. Any suggestions? It is a 2001 model ars2667a
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the refrigerator is still working but the freezer is too warm, you'll need to remove everything inside the freezer. Remove the lower back panel inside the freezer and check the silver evaporator coils behind this panel. They should be lightly frosted from top to bottom buy my guess is that they will only be partially frosted on top or bottom but not across all the coils. If so and the overload relay was replaced, make sure the fan next to the compressor is running and the condenser coils next to the compressor are clean. If everything checks good you'll need to have a technician come out to tap into the freon system to check the freon pressure. You with have a freon leak or an inefficient compressor. Either way, this is not an issue you can fix yourself at that point I'm afraid to say.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!