Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hello. I have an LG washer. It goes through nearly all the

Hello. I have an LG washer. It goes through nearly all the cycle then itat the end of spin it leaves a little water in the tube stops spinning and gives the error code UE. Can you help me?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So UE actually mean "uneven load". The RPS sensor clipped onto the stator motor is what senses and tells the washer if the load is even or uneven or not. Now this could be due to the bearing going out, a bad RPS sensor, or a bad control board. There is really no way to test the sensor or the control board, but to make sure the bearing is not an issue you can just open the inner basket and spin it by hand to make sure it spins freely without any friction or grinding. If it spins good, I would probably replace the RPS sensor since it generally is the part that goes bad and below is a video as well as a link to the part that shows you how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for RPS sensor

Now I would also say it's probably a good idea to remove the back panel behind the washer and make sure that the shocks below the tub don't look broken and the springs above the tub are still attached.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THank YOu for all your help. Is the hall sensor and the rps sensor the same thing? And for a time the customer was able to unplug then plug back in with perfect results. Can you tell me Which of these suspect components are most likely to be effected by unplug plug back in reset?

Yes, so the RPS sensor and hall sensor are the same thing---just two different terms. As for unplugging the unit and plugging it back in, most likely the control board would be the part that resets due to simply disconnecting the power so most likely the control board would be the problem.