Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

Microwave Amana not working

Microwave Amana not working
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Does the light come on when you open the door?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no nothing comes on. same with key pad it is all dark

Thanks Ron, right behind the touch panel in the base of the microwave is a fuse. All power to anything must pass through that fuse. If the light is not working the fuse is blown. The part number for the fuse is 56001353. You can shop with that anywhere. I have arrowed the location in the diagram below for you. That will take care of it.

If you have questions about my answer please click the "Reply To Link" I will be happy to explain anything that is not clear.

If we are done please leave a rating. If you have a problem leaving a rating please let me know.

Thanks,
Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I pulled that fuse and tested--it works. my wife also took the fuse to local shop and they tested and stated it was good. Any other ideas what to do.

Check the connection there where the power cord goes in, can you see a carbon spot on one of the pins like maybe its not making a good connection?

Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

connections look clean

Give me a few minutes Ron, I am looking at the wiring diagram.

Barry
Set your meter to any ohm setting. Locate the part in the image below, there are more than one. Remove the wires do not touch the metal part of the wire connecters and test the part. Can you find one that is open?

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I found the part and took it out. meter gets no reading

You can bypass that part and check the display comes on but do not turn the microwave on if you would like to double check.

That is the bad part. W10221406 is the part number Ron. I am sorry I missed you had already tested the fuse.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok when I by pass the panel flashes with the word "please" on it. So you are saying if I get this part we should be back in business correct?

Yes that part also acts just like a fuse. One is wired to your line voltage and the other is wired to the nuetral and I could not see that on the parts diagram but I could once I went and got a wiring diagram. That will take care of it.

Barry