Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

We have a Fridgidaire Electrolux Gallery type 3S5A oven, model

We have a Fridgidaire Electrolux Gallery type 3S5A oven, model #CGE387AS3 about 7 years old. Suddenly when I go to turn on oven I get error signal and it doesn't work? although the burners all still work? Wondering what to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

What error comes up when you try to use the oven?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I put on pre-heat,bake,broil etc. up comes F3 ERR? sometimes right away, sometimes it takes a minute before it comes up?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
A very easy repair, The F# XXXXX is a bad oven sensor probe, it is located in the upper corner of the oven and held in with one or two screws, takes about 10 minutes to replace, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your unit.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It says if you are replacing a XXXXXXXXXX sensor with the new one it has to be hard wired etc. sounds complicated...how do we know which sensor we have? If its not the above we'll do it ourselves but not sure how to tell?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
It shows to be plug and play from the picture they show, even in the worse case when you have to hard wire it, they are talking about just cutting the wires from the old one and splicing them onto the new one, but yours does not show to have to that, it just plugs into the old harness..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you...I will rate you now...I guess they take payment when I finish this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did the payment go through?

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Yes it did, thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!!

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Enjoy your week..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chas we replaced it, the oven pre-heated, then it did error F3 -what now....my husband had to hard wire it as well

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
How long did it take to come up this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

trying now preheating to 250 will let you know how long

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it was on for 2o minutes then the f3 error, now goes immedeatly to f3 error

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Recheck the wire connections where you spliced it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the splices are solid. I unplugged the stove to check splices now the oven controls do not respond PF flashing cannot clear, buttons do not beep when pressed no response, stovetop still works.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
Did you open the control panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no controls came back

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
But now no buttons are responding at all on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

now they are! I want to try changing polarity what do you think?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

f3 err came up I had oven on from 4:03 to 4:16 at 400 degrees,