Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

washer stopped full of water W/ 3e code

washer stopped full of water W/ 3e code

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Sorry about the delay in the response today. I was running a service call when you posted this question. E3 is a fairly bad error to get on this washer because it means that the washer thinks the tub is having difficulty turning so the motor is overloading. The first test you want to do is to open the door and spin the tub to make sure the basket is spinning freely. If everything spins freely, you have a problem with the motor or the main control board not reading the motor properly. There is no way to test which part is faulty so it's just a guessing game as to which part you want to replace first, but generally the motor is the part that technicians replace first. You can always pull the schematic out of the washer if there is one and test the windings on the motor to make sure they all check good, but I've never found that the windings test bad. Whether they test good or not doesn't really mean that your motor is good, just that if they did test bad you'd know the motor is definitely bad. But since this is one of those issues you can't test for certain, I'd buy the part from a place that allows you to return parts in case you end up needing the control board instead of the motor.