Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

MY DISHWASHER IS FILLING WITH WATER BUT DOES NOT GO INTO WASH

MY DISHWASHER IS FILLING WITH WATER BUT DOES NOT GO INTO WASH CYCLE. JUST SHUTS OFF. IF I TURN IT ON AGAIN AND THE SHUT IT OFF MANUALLY, IT WILL DRAIN THE WATER. JUST STOPS AFTER FILL UP. FOR A WHILE, AFTER IT FILLED UP AND SHUT OFF, I COULD HIT THE START BUTTON AGAIN AND SOMETIMES IT WOULD START. NOT ANYMORE. IT FILLS UP AND SHUTS OFF.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Any blinking lights on the control panel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, nothing blinks.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok so just to clarify, you hit the start button, the machine fills, then it stops and does nothing, If you hit cancel it will drain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

correct

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ok in that case sounds like you are correct in your assumption it is the control board, This will need to be replaced.

To do this open the door, remove all the screws around the inner liner behind the control panel, Lift the control panel out, you will be greeted by the control board, At this point it will be a case of a couple of screws and swapping wires from old to new controls.

Click here to order the replacement part

I recommend you purchase the part here since they give a full year warranty unlike other suppliers who only give a 90 day warranty.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Mike. I have ordered the part on the site you suggested. Now just gotta wait for part and then install. I took apart the dishwasher and it looks pretty easy. My husband says he is gonna hang out my "shingle" for repair service. Sometimes I just want to do things myself. Ha Ha

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Ha Ha great! when you do it yourself you know it gets done right :)

Have him make dinner tonight :)

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.