Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My kenmore he2 plus front loading washer shuts off before the

My kenmore he2 plus front loading washer shuts off before the chosen cycle starts. It clicks, then the cycle specification indicator lights ( cold, medium, warm, etc) shut off, then washer shuts off all together
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So unfortunately this is not going to be an issue you can can test for, but you either have a bad main CCU Central control board) or a bad motor control board (MCU) mounted to the floor below the tub. If the CCU doesn't get a good reading from the MCU, it will shut down after you press start. There is no way to test the communication between these two parts, but generally the MCU is the part that fails and needs to be replaced. Still, both parts are expensive, so you'll want to order the parts from because they are one of the few places that will allow you to return control boards if you end up not needing them. I would order and replace the MCU first and if for some reason you still had problems, return the MCU and replace the CCU.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How expensive do the parts tend to run?
Each of the boards is about $200, so they are not inexpensive at all.