Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hello, had a power outage on Friday night. Since the power

Hello, had a power outage on Friday night. Since the power came back the control panel of my stove is not working. The electric ignitors for the stove top are working.
I have a Jenn-Air double oven duel fuel model JDR8895AAS. The stove was pucheased in 1/05.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have any signs of life on your oven at all currently?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no life at all with the oven control panel

OK so You'd need to make sure that the oven is getting 240 volts to the oven and not just 120 volts because the cooktop can still work with 120 volts but not with 240 volts. You'd need a multimeter to test and the best place to test is the power cord junction on the back of the oven. If you pull the oven forward, you can remove the screws going into the cover panel where the power cord enters the back of the oven. You should have 240 volts between the two outside terminal posts. If you have 240 volts, then you'd need to replace the entire control board because there are no fuses or cut outs that would stop the control board from at least lighting up. The part number for the board is 5701m796-60 and the part costs about $350-400.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So in your opinion is it worthwhile making this invenstment in this 8 year old oven. I have had to spend money on repairs because after a cleaning the door was permanently locked. And the ovens do not heat evenly.

If you're having other issues with the oven, It might be a good time to replace the oven since the repair is so expensive this time, but repairing is significantly cheaper than replacing the oven if you're going to get the same kind of duel fuel oven. I personally would probably repair rather than replace.