Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

control lock on dishwasher will no unlock , tried holding down

control lock on dishwasher will no unlock , tried holding down 3 seconds model # XXXXX
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you should just be able to press and hold the "Heated Dry" button for 3 seconds to unlock the control panel but if that won't work, unplug the dishwasher or turn the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to reset the electronics and then try again. If that still won't work, your control board has just failed for one reason or another and the control board part number w10218831 would need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!