Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a Maytag double oven range model YMET8665XW02 and the

I have a Maytag double oven range model YMET8665XW02 and the lower oven is locked with the door open. How do I unlock the mechanism ? I have already tried cutting the power and it did not resolve the issue.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry you are having this problem..You are in good shape as the door is in the open position..To retract the lock mechanism..First hold the door smith in..Next start the self clean mode on the oven..Once the self clean begins..Cancel the self clean..All the while holding the door switch in..If the latch does not seem to be retracting ,give the latch a bit of a wiggle as you complete this process..Also please remember to rate mt Answer to you at "OK" or better before leaving today so that i may be credited through the system..If you have any further questions ..I will be standing by..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Bob, It worked. You're a genius. Thanks for your assistance.

You are welcome David..Word of advise..Do not use the self clean..The high temperatures created by it can and will damage the electronic components..Use the fume less spray ..THanks Bob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the advice Bob. Appreciate it.

No Problem at all..Thanks Bob