Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a sub-zero refrigerator model 550/511 My condenser

I have a sub-zero refrigerator model 550/511
My condenser fan motor never stop.
How can I fix it?
Thank you
Raymond [email protected]
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The condenser fan motor should only stop when the refrigerator goes into the defrost cycle which is once every 8 hours as well as once the refrigerator reaches the correct temperature. It only receives power when the compressor is running which means that your compressor would also be running all the time. That being said, if it's running all the time, something is causing the refrigerator to not cool properly even if it's only 1 degree difference right now so it's not noticeable. Be sure to clean the condenser coils and if you still have problems, you'd need to have a technician come out and check the freon pressure because you either have a freon leak or possibly a compressor that is beginning to go inefficient. A bad thermostat wouldn't cause this problem without causing everything inside the refrigerator to freeze also which doesn't sound like that is one of your symptoms.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!