Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a maytag neptune front loader washer. I bought the

I have a maytag neptune front loader washer. I bought the shipping bolt kit and I am looking a the back of the washer. There is no plastic covers or anything that these bolts would fit into. Now what do I do?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So I'm curious as to where you purchased your shipping bolts from for this model. This model doesn't have shipping bolts. It was designed before the Neptune washers that have shipping bolts built into them (MAH6700 and higher). So there actually are no shipping bolts to install on this washer. There is nothing really required when shipping the washer other than to drain all the water out and tying the drain hose up to the fill hoses so that any residual water doesn't leak out. Other than that, just be careful when you're moving the washer to not move it a more than a 45 degree angle any directions so that the springs on the top of the tub don't accidentally disconnect.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I drain the water out. I bought the bolts at Appliance Parts Center in National City CA.

The bolts would be for a different model because this model doesn't use shipping bolts. But to drain the water out, just remove the washer and lay the drain hose down with a towel at the end. The water left over will drain house. At that point you can tip the washer backwards at a 45 degree angle and all the residual water will drain out.