Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

We bought this Maytag stacked washer & dryer without realizing

We bought this Maytag stacked washer & dryer without realizing that the buzzer on the dryer cannot be turned off or disconnected. Please tell me there is a way to at least muffle it. It sits right next to our basement bedroom and the sound is piercing. It makes it impossible to do laundry at night.

I'm also not thrilled with the fact that you can't start filling the washer with the lid open. Is there anything that we can do to fix that, as well?

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 33 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 50,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.

As for the washer lid switch ,there is no way to bypass that is is a safety device mandated by our wonderful government.

As for the buzzer if you open the console up and set the dryer to run a short time and listen for the buzzer you could wrap it with some insilatoin material to dampen the sound some ,but it you cut the buzzer out of the curcuit the dryer will never shut off . just keep tumbling at the end of the cycle.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Woody: Well, of the two, the buzzer problem is definitely the more aggravating, so we will see if we can make the insulation wrap idea work. Thank you! I can't imagine, though, why a company like Maytag would have ever designed a buzzer that couldn't be turned off. Apparently those "engineers" never actually had one of these models in their homes!

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Have a great day!

Sandie more people complain that there is not a buzzer then the one that want to turn it off .

So the manufacture does not out a switch in place to turn it off ,and they save that money due to no switch .

Ip you can find some of the insulation that goes around pipes and just a short peice about 1 in long and use a wire tie to secure it around the buzzer .

That should do it .