The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

hi Help please...got a lg fuzzy logic wf-T8016TP ...did a wash

Customer Question

hi Help please...got a lg fuzzy logic wf-T8016TP ...did a wash all was fine, did a 2nd wash...and the electricity went off at that plg...why dont know as the rest of house was working....and its never been able to do a wash since gets to the rince and just complains as if stuck...wont empty..
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 11 months ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What has happened is the main control board was surged when the power came on. Unfortunately this ruins the control board and the unit will not function correctly until it is replaced.

I did a search for the part and I am sorry to say it is no longer available. What this means is:

•The manufacturer no longer sells, or makes, the part.

•It is no longer available from any of my suppliers. •There is no substitute for the part that I am aware of.

•I don’t know of any other source for the part.

•Unfortunately, even if you contact the manufacturer they will be of no help. But, there may still be hope. Here are some other things you can do:

•Contact local parts dealers, one of them might still have it in stock.

•Enter your part number in a search engine, a smaller company might have it.

•Try eBay. Search by using the part, or model number.

•Try a used appliance store, sometimes they have the same model.

•Contact refurbishing companies, especially for circuit boards (this is your best bet). Google for appliance parts rebuilders, or paste these to your browsers address bar.

www.stores.ebay.com/CoreCentric-Solutions-Store

www.remanufacturedapplianceparts.com www.generaltimerepairs.com

•Take the part to a parts retailer, sometimes they can fix the part.

•Take the part to an appliance technician, They might be able to fix the part.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Please understand that I am just the messenger, and do not use the lower two ratings. Instead select a positive rating or reply to me with what you want to know.

Thank you.

Regards, Smitty

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thanks so much, not good news, it is a lond machine from a friend!!I dont have the manual..i have looked at option of problems, maybe i can solve them,,,it wasnt clean when i got her...where is the filter that cld be an issue...Pls help with regards XXXXX XXXXX can clean it...HATE these computor things eeish

Cathy, if its any consolation, so do I.
I have an older Maytag set. They are the 'direct drive' model. These were the model that made the Maytag man so lonely.
At the back of the unit is an access cover. Remove it and you will have access to the pump and hoses. Remove the hose that comes from the bottom of the wash drum and connects to the pump. Remove any debris that may be cloging the unit. Mind you any water left in the wash tub is going to come out. Have a wet and dry shop vac ready or plenty of rags.
Best of luck, Smitty
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

HiSmitty, thaks..ok, i did it, it seems clean...wanted to tell u also, it gave a code 0E when it gets stuck..

Can i put a wash thru with out any washing in the machine or not, run out of stuff to wash..lol

glad i am not alone on this comp stuff, give me a old engine anytime..i am very practical person so this is really getting me down,..

Also by the way>?? hope i dont have to pay 320 each time i ask u a question>??how long does this 320 last? thanks again,.

That's great, Cathy!! Good job!
Yes you can run an empty load if you want.
The question will remain open as long as you like. Even if it does close you can always re-list it.
You have already rated so no further action is required. If you get a notice to rate please ignore it.
Best, Smitty
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi, it has gone as far as the spin again then gives a 03 error, crumbs unreal...whats your opinion now>???so i have a full tub of water...weird as the rinse worked ..but then filled up and wants to spin,,,but no goes...grooorr grooor as if the pump is stuck....nice day we having...especially when its not my machine....lol

Both error codes come back to a no/slow drain.
If all of the drain lines are clear you have a bad pump.
Unfortunately it also is no longer available.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hi, ok thanks...when you say no pump available..is that a new one only? are there not options for a second hand one around?? also i am in the centurion area in Pretoria..any advice to who to call>??

You may be able to locate a used one using the options I posted above.

Sorry no idea who you might call to find a used part.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

hi, an up take for your interest.

ok, regard to a filter on that machine-u said doesn't have one...It does have one.

said no pumps available..in the store i went to he must of had atleast 60 brand new ones to buy.???

eeish .....eeish

Were they for your particular model? 60 seems like a lot of stock for such an odd machine.

Cathy , I tried all of my suppliers plus a few. No one is listing it as available.

There is a filter. It is called a coin trap. it should be attached to the main hose coming off the bottomn of the wash tub. That is what I suggested you clean out. You said you did.

The last washer I worked on did pretty much what yours is doing. Not pumpintg out the water. I eventually took off every hose and finally found the problem. A baby sock in the damndest place. In the lint separater. It looked like it was supposed to be there until I grabbed it with a pair of pliers.

Im still not convinced that it is the pump. Unless debris gets into it they seldom fail.

With the electrical issue my money is still on the control board.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Then pump is exactly the same...

the filter is on the one side of the pump..you unscrew it just like in other machines filter that would be on the side.

The machine is working perfect, no problems at all.

He had a box of pumps for my machine and also mentioned he had about another 3 boxes of pumps that could also fit the same one...no problem, they LG agents. They gave amazing service.

Thats great, Cathy! Glad you got it going.

He should put those pumps on E-Bay. He could make some good money with them.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you yes,,,all sorted, yip..but guess hes moving them, they great bunch.take care

You oare welcome. Have a great day. =)