Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Student daughter cleaned oven and sprayed cleaner on white

Student daughter cleaned oven and sprayed cleaner on white exterior that has taken some of the white exterior coating off some of side of oven and on top. Will it now be dangerous to use oven will it over heat.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

If all it took off was the exteriour paint it will be fine to use. The coating is for appearance only and not part of the range's function. Just make sure its all cleaned off well and even if some of the coating was inside the oven it will be fine to use.

If you have any questions please ask. If not please leave a rating for me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. She was trying to do right thing and clean oven,its a student flat.She was worried it would now get too hot on the sides with out the white coating in places. Thank you

It will be fine, there is insulation between the oven inside wall and the outside wall. That is what keeps the heat inside. I know it probably does not look great but it will work as it normally did.

Thank you for the opportunity, Take care.