Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Hi, we have a gemini freestanding double oven. It is about

Hi, we have a gemini freestanding double oven. It is about 4 yrs. old. We cannot control the flame height as much as we would like. We would like to have a lower flame, at least on the center "simmer" burner. Is there a way to make this happen? Thanks, Mike

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

One detail that’s commonly overlooked on these is the simmer settings. Each top burner valve has a small screw inside its shaft that can be adjusted to provide a low simmer. This adjustment must be made on each burner once the range has been converted, or ‘simmer’ settings will be far too high to be useful.

A small-bladed screwdriver is needed for most of these. If you can’t find one small enough, it’s possible to grind one down to fit. I’ve noticed some of the most recent ranges are using a larger screw that’s a lot easier to access, and that’s a welcome change.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory