Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag dishwasher model M D B 6 7 6 9 A W B 0. "clean" light

Maytag dishwasher model M D B 6 7 6 9 A W B 0. "clean" light is blinking 7 times and will not start. Turned off breaker, still blinking. Is there a specific key entry to try and reset or do I need a control panel and/or control board?

Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. give me a minute to pull up your info. thanks . Bryan

Ok you need to try and reset the control board. Press "high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead. tell me if that works.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you saying I should I use "heated dry" instead of energy saver dry? Your "Note" at end throwing me off a little

if you don't have a heated dry button use the energy saver button in its place. some don't have heated dry buttons, sorry.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Lights came on, hit cancel, went into drain cycle but clean light still blinking

okay stand by, pulling up the rest of the tech sheets now, be back shortly.

Control is programmed to stop running and not allow any further cycles if it detects a water heating problem (no temperature increase detected in heated Main Wash on 3 consecutive cycles). Control blinks the Clean LED 7 times repeatedly and disables the Start/Resume key until cleared.

Heater circuit problem:

Open in heater.

Open connection or

component in heater circuit.

Faulty heater drive circuit

on control.

1. Check operation of heater in

Diagnostics cycle.

2. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect

3. Check resistance of heater and all

components and connections in the

water heating circuit or heat dry

circuit., Do you have a volt meter ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have volt meter. I can check resistance with heating element but where would I check for heat circuit/heat dry circuit?

well first check the heater for continuity. shut the breaker off and take at least one wire off the heater, if it has continuity , if its good check the tub thermostat, (its a high limit for the heater) it should have continuity also.High Limit Thermostat 661566 Main Product View if that does also the control is bad.