Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore Refrigerator Mod No. 106.60232900. Constant voltage

Kenmore Refrigerator Mod No. 106.60232900. Constant voltage to Starter control, but compressor comes on for only about 5 seconds and goes off for 25 seconds, then comes on for 5 seconds again. Is the problem the start control or the compressor?
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. Hi , the most common problem is the start relay like you suspect. no they used a lot of different relays on these refrigerators, this is the one they show on yours but it may be different, does yours look like this ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. Looks exactly like my control.

okay. The only thing you can do is replace the relay, if the compressor doesn't start with a new relay (which usually it does ) then theres a compressor issue . you can order this on line at Sear's for around $24.00 at this link. or if you have a parts supplier nearby the part number is XXXXX W10194431 Well wishes and thanks, Bryan