Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

My may tag washer lid lock is on. It wont go off and I cannot

My may tag washer lid lock is on. It won't go off and I cannot start a cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

The lid is locked also (you dont mention if the lid is locked)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I can open it. It's on that setting and won't transfer over
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Ok can you give me the model number from the sticker under the lid, The model number you supplied is not coming up on my system.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here is all the numbers
7401MDW this number was on sticker
W10240534
MA12-2011722
W10357184
11E23S1
W10251338
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
You are missing some letters at the start of the model number, there should be a sticker under the lid with the model number and serial number, the model number will look like this.

MVW7401MDW
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OMGOODNESS I found it
MVWC450XW1
C12131930
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Ok :) thanks. Can you give me a minute to look up that model number please.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thanks the lid lock light keep blinking
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Rosalyn.

Since you have unplugged the unit a few times and that did not cure the problem it will require parts to fix the problem :(

The problem will either be with the lock being broken (a common issue with this model) or a bad control board.

The only way to be sure is to run the diagnostic program. Below I have included a copy of the tech sheet, You would follow the instructions for running the diagnostic program, Once the program has run you will be given a error code, Look this up on the sheet, this will tell you where the problem is and the corrective actions needed.

If as I suspect you have a bad lid lock you will need to replace it.

Click here to download the tech sheet

I have also included a link below where you can buy the part, if you scroll down the page you will see a video that will show you how to replace the lock also :)

To order your replacement part>>>>> CLICK HERE <<<<< To order your replacement part.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Ok If the lid lock light is blinking then it definately means the lid lock is bad and will need to be replaced.

Thanks!

Mike.

Expert:  Mike replied 8 months ago.
Not sure if you got my first post so here it is again.

Thanks Rosalyn.

Click here to download the tech sheet

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician