Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Kelly,I have a Spectra stove. Its not working properly.

Kelly,
I have a Spectra stove. It's not working properly. When I flip the breakers (2 connected) no lights come on the stove. But, when I turn a know the stove lights up without any heat. The two breakers are connected with a a clip. I never have and them 'trip' together. Could it be that one of the breakers is bad and the breakers wouldn't trip?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! You are missing one side of the 240 VAC required to operate the range. Turn the breakers totally off and back on and see if the range comes to life. Let me know what happens, please.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I do and it still doesn't work. Both breakers are connected. Could it just be one breaker that is the problem?

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
Yes, specifically the one that feeds the L1 line to the range. The breaker is likely bad if this has just started happening and has been fine in the past. You can verify by measuring the voltage to the outlet and the breaker. You may want to check the cord connections at the range first, but be sure to turn the breaker off in case the wire has burnt off or disconnected. Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

If a breaker is bad, would it trip? As I mentioned, the two breakers are joined together. I can 'click' them on and they don't trip even though the stove still doesn't work.

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.
The breaker won't necessarily trip, it may just not carry the voltage. The breakers may be good, too. You may have a wire off at the cord or an issue in the outlet. The only way to tell is to inspect the cord area and if you have a meter, we can do some voltage testing.